April 19, 2021
Delicious and Nutritious – Here's Why Pricklee Cactus Water Beats Every Beverage in 2021
Although summer 2021 is right around the corner, the hottest thing right now will be cactus water.
We’re not talking about any cactus water. We’re confident enough to say that Pricklee’s cactus water is winning the cactus game and changing the way you’ll do hydration this year and forever.
Pricklee cactus water is not only the perfect alternative to coconut water, but it’s also packed with natural antioxidants, something you won’t find in abundance in any other functional beverage out there. Especially not in coconut water. That’s why *cactus is the new coconut* 👋🏾
Don’t believe us? Here are the top 3 reasons why you should be chugging Pricklee cactus water this year:
1. Pricklee cactus water is made using fresh prickly pear puree
Prickly pear cactus is a well-researched superfruit of the desert. Pricklee is the only cactus water that is made from the real prickly pear puree, not from the concentrate.
This means that it contains MUCH MORE powerful immune-boosting antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavonoids, betalains and vitamin C than other cactus waters in the market.
Prickly pears also containing twice the antioxidant capacity of strawberries, apples and tomatoes (red fruit and veggies are naturally high in antioxidants, but prickly pears beat them all).
When it comes to vitamin C (the absolute must have to support your immune system), prickly pears have more than apples, grapes and bananas. So imagine how many vital antioxidants you'd be getting with just a single can of real prickly pear puree-based cactus water.
2. Cactus water is excellent at fighting dehydration
H2O is the first drink that comes to mind when you think about fighting dehydration and anyone interested in wellness is well aware of the proverbial 8 glasses (2 liters) of water that need to be consumed daily for optimal hydration.
But who drinks 8 glasses of plain water for pleasure and hydration? We know it's a difficult thing to do consistently. Another way to up the fluid intake is to drink healthy, water-based beverages such as non-carbonated flavored waters, infused waters or, you guessed it right, cactus water.
Adequate hydration is vital for several reasons:
- Cognitive benefits
Like the rest of our body, 75% of our brain is made up of water, and it needs hydration to perform properly. Even mild dehydration can significantly decrease alertness, concentration and short-term memory, and it can also cause an increase in tiredness and headaches.
Some studies have shown that upping the water intake can improve brain function by a staggering 14%. If you’re familiar with fogginess, lack of focus and mood swings, try increasing your fluid intake for two weeks straight and see if the symptoms disappear.
Fresh filtered water is the main ingredient of Pricklee cactus water and, when combined with its high antioxidant content, is the perfect water-based beverage for those who want to get more from water.
- Improves digestion
- Skin health
In most of our minds, skin hydration equals creams, lotions, serums and face masks, but nothing beats hydration from within. Getting enough water and antioxidants in beverage form will do much more for your skin than anything you’ll ever apply topically. Plant-based, antioxidant-filled waters, like Pricklee, may have an anti-aging effect and ensure a healthy skin glow.
Mild dehydration is still difficult to diagnose due to the lack of suitable tools for the assessment of hydration status, but it’s good to remember that water is involved in almost every biological function in the body and that everything slows down in a dehydrated state, including our bowels and metabolism.
Join our Cactus Club if your 2021 #lifegoal is to up your fluids but not die of plain-water boredom.
3. Pricklee cactus water is PACKED with antioxidants and electrolytes
One of the most evident cactus water benefits is that it contains copious amounts of vitamin C, potassium and sodium.
Let's start with Vitamin C:
- This well-known vitamin is a super powerful antioxidant, which supports our immune response. This includes the production of antibodies and also the production of specific white blood cells to help fight off infections.
- Vitamin C in Pricklee cactus water will help to eliminate free radicals produced by environmental pollutants and UV rays, helping your skin to cope with the aging process much better.
Potassium is one of the “magnificent seven”.
- Potassium is an electrolyte/macromineral that the human body needs to support key processes, such as maintaining the blood and fluid volume in the body and plays an important role in how kidneys and our heart function. It is responsible for transmitting messages through the nervous system.
- The recommended intake of potassium for adults is 3400 mg/day for men and 2600 mg/day for women (though you should check with your physician to determine what’s right for you). One can of Pricklee contains 35 mg of potassium, which helps with your daily supplementation of potassium when paired with a healthy diet.
Last, but not least – Sodium.
- Like potassium, sodium is a necessary electrolyte and mineral for the body to function properly and controls the amount of water in your cells and plays an important role in your nervous and muscular system functions.
If you still think you can get these sorts of antioxidant benefits with other sports drinks, sodas, or (even worse) coconut water, think again. Apart from the benefits we listed above, Pricklee cactus water contains ½ the sugar and calories of coconut water.
Stop settling for coconut water and try Pricklee’s three delicious flavors – prickly pear, mango ginger and strawberry hibiscus and forever change the way you think about hydration. ❤️ 🌵